Every summer weekend in Southern Ontario, there’s a classic car show happening somewhere. Conveniently, several of them are taking place in the GTA or just a short drive from it.
Perhaps you’re a vintage car owner or just like to admire their timeless beauty from an arm’s length. Classic car and truck shows allow you to view a wide spectrum of the vehicles of yesteryear, with each of their owners having a unique story to tell about them.
Many classic car shows also raise funds and encourage donations for local charities and community groups. This summer, experience the nostalgia and fun of one of these must-see classic car shows located in the Southern Ontario area.
- Classics On The Square Car Show (Mississauga, July 3rd): This third annual event is located at Mississauga Celebration Square. Along with a wide variety of classic cars on display, there’ll be live music, Batman and other superheroes for the kids, and door prizes.
- Havelock Recreation & Performance Motor Show (Havelock, July 15-17): This busy three day event is taking place two hours northwest of Toronto. Enjoy the classic cars, trucks, boats, tractors, and motorcycles that will be on display. There will also be camping, a flea market and swap meet, truck and tractor pulls, live music, and boxing matches.
- Classics In The Park Car Show (Barrie, July 23rd): Heritage Park on Barrie’s waterfront is the picturesque setting for this classic car, motorcycle, and custom truck event. $5,000 was raised at last year’s show for Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka, which provides cancer care support.
- Wheels On The Danforth (Toronto, August 13th): Toronto’s vibrant Danforth area plays host to many summertime events. Included is this show featuring classic cars, custom builds, and hot rods.
- Autofest Oshawa (Oshawa, August 19-21): Lakeview Park hosts this 23rd annual weekend event. Classic cars, hot rods, motorcycles, and trucks will share space with modern day high performance vehicles.
- Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance (Kemble, September 17-18): Beautiful and rarely seen automobiles at Cobble Beach Golf Resort Community in Kemble, Ontario.
- British Car Day (Oakville, September 18): Hosted annually by the Toronto Triumph Club, this is the largest, one-day, all-British car event in North America.
Car lifts are a great storage solution for your classic car
Classic car enthusiasts will be out in large numbers for these summer events. But when summer ends, what’s the best winter storage solution for a classic car or truck? There’s a smart choice that won’t take up your garage’s lone parking spot.
A car lift allows you to double your garage’s parking space by utilizing its unused vertical space. Your classic car or truck is stored on the elevated platform of the car lift, allowing you to easily park your everyday-use vehicle underneath it. If you like being hands-on with your car’s maintenance, car lifts also let you safely work on the vehicle’s underside. A car lift is also a smarter option financially than storing your classic vehicle annually in an expensive storage facility that has no long-term tangible benefits to you.