It’s an annual tradition for car lovers to plan some of their leisure time between June and September around the busy schedule of Ontario summer car shows.
Throughout the province, there’s auto shows taking place every weekend. Several will be held in the Greater Toronto Area. Here are seven of the Ontario summer car shows we think will be worth attending.
7 must-see Ontario summer car shows
1. Gravenhurst Car Show (June 16th, Gravenhurst): One of the largest Ontario summer car shows takes place on the scenic shores of Gravenhurst’s Gull Lake, a couple of hours north of Toronto.
Spend Father’s Day weekend taking in this event, which promises a showcase of over 400 classic, collectible, and rare vehicles for attendees.
2. Shelburne Street Festival Classic Car Show (June 16th, Shelburne): A 90 minute drive north of the city brings you to Shelburne, which has been hosting this festival every Saturday on Father’s Day weekend for years.
Events include a classic car show, motorcycle show, live music, an open air market, and family activities. More than 300 classic cars were on display at last year’s show and over 20 car clubs will be participating at this year’s event.
3. The Yorkville Exotic Car Show (June 17th, Toronto): Father’s Day weekend gives auto lovers a ton of options when it comes to Ontario summer car shows to attend. Here’s yet another one, taking place in Toronto’s upscale Bloor-Yorkville area.
The show’s 8th edition will have some of the world’s greatest sports cars on display, ranging from classics right up to the most desirable high performance vehicles of today.
4. Burlington Downtown Car Show (July 7th, Burlington): Muscle cars, classic cars, cruisers, and exotic sports cars will compete for your attention at this annual show in downtown Burlington.
You can also enjoy some live music and local vendors, with proceeds supporting the Burlington Lions Club.
5. Classics & Rods Review Show (July 8th, Mississauga): The Mississauga Classic Car Club once again hosts this annual event formerly known as “Classics on the Square”.
This free event takes place in the north parking lot of Mississauga’s Hershey Centre. Circle this one on your calendar if you’re looking for one of the best Ontario summer car shows showcasing beautiful classic vehicles.
6. Wheels On The Danforth (August 17th and 18th, Toronto): One of the most anticipated community festivals in the city returns for its 7th year.
This family-friendly event will have hundreds of hot rods, classics, muscle cars, tuners, exotics, and race cars lining the streets of Toronto’s Danforth area.
7. Autofest Oshawa (August 25th and 26th, Oshawa): The 25th edition of the Autofest Oshawa gives auto buffs the chance to view modern cars, vintage muscle cars, and a wide array of classic cars.
This packed weekend event at Oshawa’s Lakeview Park will also include a silent auction, activities for kids, vendors, and much more.
Why your prized vehicles deserve a beautiful home
Many visitors to these popular Ontario summer car shows have classic cars themselves or more modern luxury cars.
Prized vehicles lose some of their appeal when they’re parked in a drab garage environment that just doesn’t complement their classic charm or exquisite looks effectively.
Garage Living Toronto can change that. Schedule a free in-home consultation with us to discuss getting your garage transformation started.