If your garage is overrun by clutter and badly in need of a makeover, make 2017 the year to reclaim and improve this valuable home space.
There’s no better time than the fresh start of a new year to embrace the garage organization and improvement solutions available from Garage Living.
Here are eight reasons our products and services will make your garage look better and increase its functionality.
1. Free up floor space and use your garage for parking again
It’s a common problem that homeowners are unable to use their garages as a space for parking their vehicles. The main reason this occurs is due to excess clutter on the garage floor. We have several solutions to address this and return your garage parking space to you:
- Garage wall storage: versatile PVC slatwall panels take advantage of unused garage wall space, providing areas for hanging items with our more than 40 types of accessories. They also give your garage a more finished look.
- Garage cabinetry: choose from five lines of our modular and custom-fit garage cabinetry systems. There’s a wide range of custom options available to suit your budget, as well as your functional and aesthetic preferences.
- Specialty storage racks: heavy-duty overhead storage racks, tire racks, and firewood racks are just some of the specialty storage rack solutions we offer.
2. Get organized and stay organized
By adding one or more of the above garage organization and improvement solutions, you’ll notice immediate benefits that extend beyond just having more floor space.
With the right storage systems, all of your belongings will have a proper home and be much easier to find. Dedicated homes for your tools and accessories also greatly reduce the likelihood of garage clutter accumulating in the future.
3. Your garage floor will look much nicer with a new coating
Garage floors need to be able to withstand a lot of wear and tear. If your garage’s concrete floor is cracked, crumbling, and a general eyesore, a Floortex™ polyaspartic floor coating is the best solution on the market.
A Floortex™ coating transforms your garage floor into an attractive and very durable surface, with a glossy finish that won’t fade or yellow over time. It’s also highly resistant to most household chemicals, such as gas and oil.
And just because it’s frigid outside doesn’t mean a Floortex™ floor coating can’t be applied. Unlike epoxy garage floor coatings, a Floortex™ polyaspartic floor coating can be applied year-round.
4. An upgraded garage door enhances curb appeal
No one feature of your home’s exterior stands out more than your garage door. Ask yourself – is your garage door enhancing or detracting from your curb appeal?
If it’s the latter, then it’s definitely time to think about an upgrade. We have a wide range of steel, wood, fibreglass, and full view aluminum garage door styles available to improve your home’s exterior aesthetics.
5. Modern garage door openers are quieter and come with convenient features
If your garage door is in need of an upgrade, also consider the functionality of your garage door opener. An old, malfunctioning opener poses a safety risk, in addition to being an inconvenience. Compared to older models, modern garage door openers are more energy efficient, reliable, and quieter.
Furthermore, they come with modern features like MyQ technology, which allows you to monitor and access your garage door when you’re away from home.
6. Create a space-saving garage work area
If you’re a hobbyist or handyman and lack a proper work area due to space limitations, consider a foldaway workbench for the garage.
This heavy-duty workbench supports up to 400 pounds of weight and conveniently folds away to preserve valuable garage parking space. Integrate the workbench with our slatwall panels to hold your tools and create a handy space-saving workspace.
7. Car lifts let you double your parking space
A 4 post car lift puts your garage’s underutilized vertical space to work, allowing you to instantly double your available parking space. Car lifts are a practical and cost-effective alternative to a major garage renovation or yearly off-site vehicle storage.
8. Garage exteriors benefit from aluminum capping
Aluminum capping involves wrapping your wooden garage doorframe with aluminum sheeting. Here are the benefits of aluminum capping:
- your home’s exterior exhibits a more clean and finished appearance, which enhances curb appeal and resale value
- future maintenance on your garage doorframe is virtually eliminated
- extends the life of your doorframe by protecting it from the elements
- improves energy efficiency by decreasing drafts
Garage organization and improvement solutions to transform your space
These are just some of the garage organization and improvement solutions we have available. Garage Living also features products such as LED lighting, infrared heaters, and wall bumpers to protect your car doors.
We also specialize in garage renovation services, including insulation and drywall installation, lighting and electrical work, garage door repair, and more.
To get started with your garage transformation for 2017, schedule your free consultation with one of our design experts today.
When you see what our professionals can do you with your garage space, you’ll wonder why you never called us sooner!