2017 Alberta Classic Car Shows: 9 Events Not To Miss This Summer
Numerous 2017 Alberta classic car shows will be taking throughout the province over the next few months.
Along with providing an opportunity to appreciate a wide variety of classic cars and trucks up close, most classic car shows also raise funds for charities and the local community.
Must-see 2017 Alberta classic car shows
Here are nine 2017 Alberta classic car shows auto enthusiasts shouldn’t miss this summer:
1. Autorama Show & Shine(St. Albert, May 28th): This year marks the 25th anniversary for the Autorama Show & Shine, which promises a wide variety of classic cars and trucks on display from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
2. History Road: The Ultimate Car Show(Wetaskiwin, June 10th and 11th): The Reynolds-Alberta Museum hosts what’s promised as “a spectacular display of more than 700 cars, trucks, and motorcycles spanning more than a century of automotive history.”
3. The Alberta All British Field Meet(Edmonton, June 10th): For car lovers partial to a more European flavour, this event will include showings of exclusively British cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
4. Fort City Car Show(Fort McMurray, June 18th): This Father’s Day event features fun for the entire family and plenty of unique vehicles on display.
5. Edmonton Street Rod Show & Shine(Edmonton, June 24th): This long-running show returns for its 33rd year showcasing special interest cars, bikes, and trucks, along with live music and much more. This is one of the 2017 Alberta classic car shows that should be circled on your calendar!
6. Street Machine Weekend(Lethbridge, July 7th-9th): This busy event returns for its 39th year of vintage car showcases, races, and entertainment throughout the weekend for the entire family.
7. Rock’N August(St. Albert, August 8th-12th): There will be no shortage of things to do for car lovers during this five day event, which is highlighted by Saturday’s Show And Shine of classic autos.
8. Airdrie Summer Classic(Airdrie, August 12th): Hosted in Airdrie’s Nose Creek Park, this classic car show will find proceeds being raised for several worthy charities.
9. River City Classics Show And Shine(Calgary, September 24th): While it may not technically be a summer show (fall begins on the 22nd this year), this long-running event is one of the 2017 Alberta classic car shows not to be missed. Past years have seen over 1,100 vehicles set up on display.
Store your classic car or truck on a car lift
If you’ll be attending any of the 2017 Alberta classic car shows listed here then you might just have your own classic car or truck. A great year-round storage method for your prized vehicle is a 4 post car lift.
Installing a car lift in your garage gives you space to park an extra vehicle and is a cost-efficient alternative to off-site classic car storage.
Your classic car or truck can remain close at hand. And if you’re hands-on with your classic’s maintenance, a car lift also gives you the chance to more easily perform maintenance underneath the vehicle.
We also have garage storage cabinets that can be customized to match the colour of your classic vehicle, which creates a dynamic interior look for your garage.
If you’re looking to improve the functionality and appearance of your garage space, Garage Living Calgary provides free design consultations. You can schedule yoursright here.