A car lover can’t find a much better way to spend a summer weekend than to take in a car show.
There’s a lot of auto shows competing for your attention this year across the province. Here are a few suggestions of which BC summer car shows are worth making time for.
7 BC summer car shows you’ll love
1. Classic Boat & Car Show(June 9th, North Vancouver): For Vancouver residents looking for some BC summer car shows taking place closer to home, the Classic Boat & Car Show is perfect.
North Vancouver’s Burrard Yacht Club hosts the event, which will include both vintage boats and classic cars on display.
2. Old Car Sunday In The Park(June 17th, Mission): Celebrate Father’s Day this year at this classic car and truck event at Mission’s Fraser River Heritage Park.
The Mission Fire Fighter’s Charitable Society puts on this annual family-friendly event. Over $12,000 was raised at last year’s show and distributed to local charities.
3. Sun Valley Cruise-In(July 20th-22nd, Vernon): Scenic Vernon plays host to this annual event that occurs every third weekend in July.
Take a back-country cruise on Friday night and follow it up with Saturday’s car show in downtown Vernon. Then end the weekend with Sunday’s main event at Vernon’s beautiful Polson Park featuring a showcase of vintage cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
It’s the second year for this show that will have cars, trucks, tractors, and motorcycles “born 1978 or earlier” available for visitors to admire up close.
5. Kars Under The K(August 5th, Keremeos): The southern BC village of Keremeos plays host to the 17th edition of this event for the entire family. Hundreds of antique and vintage vehicles are promised for the show.
6. Lake Country Customs & Classics Car Show(August 18th and 19th, Lake Country): Billed as “one of the most pristine car shows in the Okanagan Valley”, more than 3,000 visitors are expected at Lake Country’s Swalwell Park for the Sunday show.
Hundreds of custom and classic vehicles will be available for viewing at this event, which is celebrating its 10th year.
7. Vancouver Island Motor Gathering(August 26th, Cowichan): This big event should be among the BC summer car shows you’re making plans to attend before September rolls around.
The Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit will have a wide array of unique classic and modern cars and motorcycles on display.
Does your garage space need a tune-up?
A classic car stays “classic” by paying attention to the maintenance and tender loving care it needs.
A garage needs a tune-up once in awhile, too, especially if you’re looking for a functional, visually appealing space to store your own classic car.
Garage Living Vancouver knows just how to make that happen. Schedule a free design consultation with us to plan how your dream classic car can soon be parked in your own dream garage.